Monday, October 1, 2012

Leopard electrocuted in Amreli village.

RAJKOT: A four-year-old female leopard died due to electrocution in Ditala village in Dhari taluka of Amreli district on Sunday.
According to forest officials, the leopard was found dead on the transformer in a farm owned by Bhikhabhai Zala. The locals saw the leopard hanging on the electricity poles of Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Ltd (PGVCL) and informed the forest department officials.
"The leopard died on the spot. Primarily, it looks like the leopard may have climbed up the poles for catching a prey like some bird and was electrocuted," said a forest official.
"Birds like pigeons and peacocks sit on the transformer regularly and the leopard may have gone to attack on them," the official said.
The carcass has been sent for postmortem.

No comments: